Saturday, March 12, 2022

Meet Artist Cristy Bright

 

Artist Statement

 

Cristy Bright / cab ART

Mixed-Media Artist

 

O-102 double_frame_circle_with_flowers by Cristy Bright mm 12x12 $160

The mixed-media art I create is a process of experimentation, influenced by my personal creative journey through fiber arts, painting, calligraphy, ceramics, and flower arranging.  I have no template or design-ideas beforehand and simply start the process on a wood or cloth canvas by layering paint, paper I create, paper from books and magazines, stamps, stencils, ink, and markers. With no defined artistic endpoint in mind, I stop after about 3 to 8 layers when I feel that the colors and textures are right, and I’ve created a pleasing and interesting background.

Although again experimental, the colors and textures in a background do influence the design of the foreground artwork and appearance of the completed art piece. I often join or weave together materials found in nature (dried flowers and pods, sticks, moss, shells, and stones) with yarns, fabrics, or strings to create a 3-dimensional, nature-inspired image. My hope for every piece is that neither the background or foreground overpowers, but compliments, to create a single connected image with independent details that the eye continues to find fresh and new with each look.

 

Allowing the piece to unfold as I progress through each stage is both inspiring and motivating. The process creates art that simply can’t be duplicated - each piece is truly one of a kind.

 

O-103 container_with_flowers by Cristy Bright mm 14x14 $200


O-104 weaving_with_flowers.by Cristy Bright mm 10x20 $200
FAMILY MERIT AWARD


No comments: