Friday, March 18, 2022

Meet Artist Rita Barbano


O-156 Woman by Rita Barbano mm 40x40 $1000

 My artistic development began when I was a teenager in Brazil. I graduated from Escola Panamericana de Arte Sao Paulo. I studied architecture at FAU Farias Brito Guarulhos in Sao Paulo where I would transform my projects into art. I began painting as my primary medium. Upon graduation, my father encouraged me to get a "real job" and to stop painting, so I became an architect in Sao Paulo and Joinville, Brazil. But, my interest in painting always remained.

After I moved to the United States in 2004, I started taking classes in art and began to paint again. I paint in oil, acrylic, water color, encaustic (bee wax), and I do mixed media using digital art.

My art lets me escape to a secret world filled with fantasy and delightful colors, where even accidents are fun and whimsical. Coincidence, irony and dreams are incorporated into my work. I try to inform, but not in an academic way - through visual presentations that explore the subconscious mind. My younger years were spent during the Brazilian dictatorship, so, to this day, I trust my art more than my works to reveal my perceptions and to reveal my experiences.

In my past, I was always trying to find subject that would allow me to go further into my subconscious. Now, I allow my art to find me. In this chapter of my life, my art has chosen for me to represent women's feelings. I juse many different techniques to achieve the representations of these emotions.

Life is here now; everything else is fiction.

Rita Barbano

650-288-8788

Oakdale, California

www.facebook.com/rmbarbano

rmbarbano@yahoo.com

No comments: