Saturday, March 26, 2022

Meet Artist Monika Stattner

 Monika Stattner

Biography

O-049 listening by Monika Stattner pencil 14x9 $175

Art is something I love to create and experience.

My childhood memories are of the times when I spent many hours reading beautifully illustrated fairy tale books. This consistent activity resulted in drawing my own illustrations for home work assignments, especially for history classes.

I enjoy drawing with graphite. It has a certain poetic power that I adore so clearly. In my highly detailed drawings I thrive to present the real persona, the character of the subject at that moment when I felt to freeze it in time.

In my other artworks where I use color, I like to use the medium that I think fits the best to express what I see.

My favorite medium is graphite and oil, but I also work with pastel and color pencil.

O-052 happy_cows by Monika Stattner pastel 12x16 $275


Among others, I am most inspired by the works of Leonardo Da Vinci, Michelangelo Buonarotti, and the illustrations of Arthur Rackham, and the Hungarian Peter Balogh.

No comments: