Saturday, March 19, 2022

Meet Artist Judy Day

 Judy Day,

T-006 Daffodils in Wine by Judy Day wc 16x16 $200

I attended Art Center School of Design and CSUN and have a VA in Graphic Design and a teaching credential in Art education. I taught middle school art for over 25 years in Southern California. I've worked in all media, but watercolor is my passion.

T-007 Again by Judy Day wc 11x14 $150

I moved to the Sierra Foothill Country following my retirement, and began studying with several local artists. I love learning new techniques and using new color combinations. I paint every day from only a few minutes to 8 hours, if I am really inspired. I paint because I simply love to.

I am inspired by humm... almost anything and everything. Landscapes or seascapes, anywhere in the world, Norway, Germany, Italy, Greece, or around the corner on China Graveyard, or up on Electra Road. I see a combination of colors, shapes or textures and they reach out and grab me. sometimes animals do, like the elephants in Shi Lanka or the Koala in Australia, portraits of my grandchildren are always fun. Flowers in my yard or on the road side. Like I said almost anything.

I like to paint plein air, but that is not always possible, so I have hundreds of photographs of my travels and the nearby areas. I can pull out the photos and there it is my inspiration. I like to paint on 140lb. or 300lb. Arches cold pressed paper and I use Daniel Smith Watercolors.

O-027 Aftermath by Judy Day wc 12x16 $180

I co-own the Sutter Creek Gallery on Main Street in the Gold Country town of Sutter Creek, California. This is a co-op gallery which hosts 20 local artists. Our motto is "Art should be for Everyone". We have a wide variety of styles and media represented, from pottery and gourds to jewelry and paintings in every creative style you can think of. We also do custom framing for our members and the community.






O-028 The Rain Storm by Judy Day wc 12x16 $180

Website: judyaday.com and, suttercreekgallery.com

Facebook: watercolors by Judy


Please enjoy a piece of my passion.  Judy Day

No comments: