Friday, March 11, 2022

Meet Artist John Tullis

 

O-089 Head, Heart, Hands and Health by John Tullis oil 14x18 $675
John Tullis

Instructor at the Lynn House Gallery in Antioch 

Member, Jade Fon Saturday Painters

Member, Contra Costa Plein Air Painters

Member, The Healing Pen Writers

www.johntullisfinearts.com

www.johntullis.com

Instagram: @jaycangram



I’ve been drawing and painting all my life. I majored in art and graphic design at California State University, Long Beach and did graphic design, production management and sales in the printing industry for 40 years. 

 

O-090 Ghost Herd by John Tullis oil 16x20 $750

About 15 years ago I picked up my brushes again and began my second career as an oil painter.   I currently have a solo show at Ironstone Vineyard and I’ve participated in many group shows at venues including the Lynn House Gallery, the Valley Art Gallery in Walnut Creek, and the Arts Benicia Gallery.  I recently was asked by the Pleasanton Art League to judge an open art exhibit, “Imagination Expressed” at the Museum on Main in Pleasanton, CA.

 

O-091 1940s Farm-all Tractor by John Tullis oil 11x14 $475

Since 2020 I’ve been enjoying my third phase as an instructor of basic drawing and design principles at the Lynn House Gallery in Antioch.  Finally, I’ve just published my first novel, a film-noir inspired mystery, with my own illustrations.

 

No comments: