Saturday, March 12, 2022

Meet Artist Myra Steward

 

“EVERY PAINTING TELLS A STORY AND CAPTURES A SINGLE MOMENT OR THOUGHT IN TIME.” - Myra Steward

 

O-024 Transitions by Myra Steward wc 12x12 $250

From the artist, "Art is an essential part of my everyday life, trying to incorporate it in all that I do. I had dreamed of painting since I was a little girl. After reading the book, The Artist's Way, I finally gave myself permission to try painting. It is now my passion!"

Myra is a Master Painter member of NCA, Northern California Artists, and she has been accepted into juried art shows throughout California and has won multiple prizes including being the featured artist for the 2015/2016 Lodi Sandhill Crane Festival.  She is also a member of Santa Clara Watercolor society, and she has also contributed numerous volunteer and served on the NCA board as the courtesy chair.

The mediums and subject matter Myra uses are varied.  She works primarily in watercolor and mixed media. Myra's favorite new method of watercolor is using handmade papers and canvases to paint on; she also enjoys painting a variety of subject matters, but she especially likes to paint birds and animals.  Myra's style is to always paint with a limited palette of just one blue, one yellow and one red, keeping herself challenged to create as many shades of color as possible!

The pandemic has brought a lot of change to Myra’s life; she and her husband Steve moved from the Sacramento area to the Bay Area to be closer to their son and his family of four. “It’s been an adjustment moving away from friends, but the huge bonus is living down the block from our son and his family. My art is changing as I live my new life. It's very exciting to feel as if I’m experiencing life through the eyes of my grandsons.”

 

www.myrasteward.com

 

No comments: