Thursday, March 17, 2022

Meet Artist Robin Mooney

 


Robin Mooney - Cupertino, California 


Nearing the end of a 36-year career as a Civil Engineer and worried about what trouble I might get myself into in my retirement, my wife and sister-in-law conspired. For a birthday, they surprised me with paints, brushes, paper and a week-long watercolor workshop with Dale Laitinen. While I was obviously in way over my head, I greatly enjoyed that workshop. I return most years to Dale’s Virginia City workshops to paint and reconnect with friends. 

 After using up my allotment of classes in furniture design and sculpture at De Anza College, my artistic endeavors now focus on watercolor. I especially enjoy painting with my friends, Ron and Popi Tyler in Santa Rosa. It was with Popi’s encouragement and support that I entered this show. 


T-008 Three Amigos by Robin Mooney wc 21x17 $500


T-009 It is what it is by Robin Mooney wc 26x21 $600

O-031 Virginia City #3 by Robin Mooney wc 29x23 $700

O-032 Virginia City Mine Shafts by Robin Mooney wc 29x23 $7003


No comments: